Tuesday, March 16, 2010

when life gives you lemons ...

I am feeling hunk-dory, peachy keen, fine and dandy, and I have this sense that something hugely good is on its way. I can't say everything is perfect right now, but let's just say I am hopeful, am looking forward to better things and I am taking advantage of this high.

Just recently, the Hubby and I have been gossiped about, betrayed, misled, lied to, rejected, accused and treated unfairly - by people we trusted (past tense) nonetheless. And a big change was forced on our lives against our will, and we're expected to just take it. But then how does that saying go about what to do when life gives you lemons? Well, I say, don't just make lemonade - make margaritas and par-tay!

Uh, yeah, But I don't drink (I haven't for more than a decade now :p ). But you get the point. ;)

Besides, if things won't work for you, you can always find a way to work around them. ;) And I guess that's what I'm doing.

I know I have every reason to be glum and bummed right now, but I'm really not. I guess it's because I can see the big picture: the initially bad things are eventually good things. I can see them now ... and it's all good.

These past few days I recalled a few Bible stories with principles that speak directly to our predicament. I flipped open to those particular parts and it just felt so great to know that aside from the fact that we are in God's hands, we have His approval. It may not be mainstream opinion, but I've checked my Bible and it says it can happen.

Anyway, the Hubby and I decided to juice our lemons by looking at options that may not have been available to us before. And that's kinda exciting for me.

The best part of it is that we get more time to spend with each other. We've been able to spend a bit more time with family too, now that he doesn't have to work on Sundays. We're even planning to go catch up with old friends and maybe make some new ones.

So hope is the honey for the lemon juice. And since I've got a lot of hope, life is sweet, mes chers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.