Monday, October 5, 2009

i'm a do-gooder and i like it

It's been the past week's hot topic. Typhoon Ondoy, the massive flooding, relief operations, the various hero stories.

The desperation in the situation roused something good and noble in me. Though knowing that the problem is immense and overwhelming, it didn't matter how seemingly insignificant my contribution could be; I knew I could be part of the solution. This past week I got myself involved in volunteer work - repacking, preparing food, visiting, delivering goods.

It makes me immensely happy to love in action. I'm far from being anything like Jesus, but I feel blessed. It makes me happy to know that I'm reaching someone somewhere somehow. This is the effect that people call "better than receiving".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.