Saturday, February 12, 2011

I have a new "like" : virgin coconut oil

Someone told me that virgin coconut oil (VCO) is a good skin moisturizer. Since I happen to be allergic to a lot of lotions and stuff I decided to give VCO a try.

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I'm liking it. It has kept my skin from drying and helped my cold-rashes subside.

Since VCO is all-natural, there aren't any allergic reactions or side effects.

I did a bit of Googling around about VCO and I learned that it has a whole lot of other benefits. Aside from being useful as a skin and/ or hair conditioner, I mean. It is said to treat eczema, dandruff and fungal infections, and helps to keep skin looking young and healthy. It's also a good massage oil and stress-reliever.

VCO ingested in small amounts could help to regulate weight. You could cook with it too - it is said to be "the healthiest oil on earth".

I'm no pro on this though, so don't take my word for it; you can do some research yourself. And by the way, make sure to pick out virgin coconut oil, not just regular coconut oil.

There's this homemade body scrub recipe that I've been using. Instead of the usual olive oil, I tried virgin coconut oil instead this week, and I've found that and it works just as nicely. VCO is a cheaper alternative, and it smells yummy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.