Tuesday, May 18, 2010

chocolate fix

I've always loved chocolate, but lately I've been craving like crazy. How have I enjoyed one of man's most delightful discoveries this week? Let me count the ways.


1. Chocolate dipping

This has got to be one of the most brilliant party ideas ever. I recently attended a younger friend's birthday recently, in which we were served fruit and sweets and scrumptious dipping chocolate for dessert.

I happily pigged out


My favorite thing to dip was the gigantic marshmallow. Uber yummer.

death by chocolate

If you don't have a fondue thingy, you can serve chocolate dip in a bowl. I tried it with a bunch of kids once, and it was an absolute hit.


CHOCOLATE DIP
  • Melt chocolate cubes in a double-boiler (I prefer it dark ;) ).
    * If you don't have a double boiler, boil water in a regular pan, and place a smaller pan above it; melt the chocolate in the smaller pan.
  • Stir in cream.
  • Voila!

DIPPING THINGS
(serve with skewers or toothpicks)
  • Marshmallows - always a crowd favorite!
  • Strawberries
  • Slices of other fruit (banana, melon, etc.)
  • Dried mangoes
  • Pretzels
  • Potato chips - kinda weird, but it's wonderful!


2. Chocolate cupcakes

An older lady-friend of mine runs a small cafeteria, and lately she has been experimenting with baking. The other day my dad bought three cupcake samples from her; he left them lying around so I ended up sampling them all (hee hee).

My verdict: She could still improve on the presentation, but the taste is A-one.


3. Iced Milo

I usually prefer rich, hot chocolate eh, but these days it's too warm for hot chocolate.

I'm not particularly a fan of Milo (because I think it tastes like watered-down cocoa), but I once bought an iced Milo on my way to see a movie, and I loved it.


This evening, I noticed that we had sachets of Milo at home and decided to fix myself a treat.


ICED MILO - MY WAY

  • Empty four Milo sachets into a tall glass (the extra sachets make up for the watered-down taste :p )
  • Dissolve in a small amount of lukewarm water.
  • Fill the glass three-fourths with cold water and stir.
  • Mix in a drop of vanilla.
  • Add ice cubes.
  • It would be more fun topped it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup, but it's good with or without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.