Thursday, September 9, 2010

girls talk: purple

Being a non-fan of purple, I always thought I didn't have any purple things -but when I went around the house to look for one I realized I had quite a few. I picked the most interesting one for this week's Girls Talk.

This here is a stuffed animal with a bit of sentimental value. It was given to my by the Hubby ten years ago when he was courting (in his words "trying to get to know me better").

It's a Snoopy doll that was distributed at McDonalds to commemorate Peanuts' 50th anniversary. We and a bunch of friends used to have weekly after-church dinners at McDonald's, and the Hubby (formerly known as the Boyfriend) would get me the promo toy if I thought it was cute.

It was very slightly annoying that he kept giving me all these cute-but-useless things, but I thought it was really, awesomely sweet of him.

It's faded a bit and caught a lot of dust, but couldn't get myself to get rid of it yet. I've already thrown away or sold a lot of our unwanted stuff, but Snoopy stays. It's been with me for a decade now, so it might as well stay forever. ^_^

13 comments:

  1. awww..that's so sweet of your bf turned husband---no wonder he got your heart!^_^

    Thanks for dropping by dear!Have a nice day^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaww what a sweet, treasured memento!! and so lucky of you to have a caring, thoughtful ex-boyfriend hehheee

    my GT entry is here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2010/09/spot-purple.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snoopy dogs Sis!!! yay!! naalala ko naman tuloy hahaha!!! cutie cutie!!

    Happy Girls Talk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one, too! Snoopy is the family's favorite, and purple's my favorite... so when we bought this I didn't really take it out the bag because I don't want it to get dirty!

    My purple item for Girls Talk is up HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ang cute naman nitong snoopy doll sis! and it brings back memories talaga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. i remember having those snoopy stuff toys from McDonald's too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww! very sweet... nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. we're the same looking for purple stuff around ... awwww.. we kids have collection mcdo din pero hello kitty hahaha... how sweet naman si hubby... thanks for dropping by Woman’s elan vital

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute.. Mc donalds giveaways are worth to keep. magagandang klase kasi. And to your ex bf now your hubby ang sweet nia naman..*wink*
    tnx for leaving some comments on my corner.
    Happy GT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ang sweet naman ni hubby. and ang cute ng snoopy... ;)

    thanks for visiting my GT post!

    happy GT!
    grabbing your cute badge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang sweeet ni hubs mo!!! =) ako rin pag ganyan na 10 years old na stuff at galing sa loves ko... i wont let go!! hihhiih

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww that is sooo sweet! is it big? might make for a good bed companion :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.