Thursday, September 2, 2010

girls talk: something red

I hadn't been able to join Girls Talk last month since the Hubby and I were busy with some stuff; the topic was about movies I think - It would have been so fun to join, too bad I missed it.

Anyway, I think I'll have more time this month, so here I am with my red object for the first week of September:



This is one of my favorite necklaces. The elaborate red pendant is originally from a choker my cousin made for me several years ago; I decided to save it after the choker got worn out. I made a new double-strand short necklace - I was going for an antique-ish look, something stunning and unique but not too "loud", a piece that would fit in the movie Moulin Rouge but not so fancy.

The pendant looks like an intricate wood carving, maybe even coral or red jade. Upon close inspection though, you will notice that it's just dense plastic. The black beads are just cheap glass ones, but if you put them all together they make a nice piece of "jewelry".

I like wearing this with simple black tops - it adds a pop of color and personality, maybe even a bit of a mysterious, artistic look. I've worn it with ragged clothes, I've worn it with formal wear and it works either way.

My favorite colors are white and silver, but I love red. ^_^ Red is so full of vigor and fire.

Hop over to Beauty Queen Gene to see the other ladies' cherished red objects:

13 comments:

  1. Those are really nice.
    I also missed last month's GT simply because I'm not a movie buff person.Hopefully I can complete this month's entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much for the visit, Miranda. that necklace looks chic!

    i too believe red adds some luck to our lives hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice piece of jewelry!

    My GT post is up HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pendant Sis ^_^ I also have those red pendants in me, and they were usually paired with either white or black chokes too ^_^
    I so Love RED soo much ^_^

    >> Happy Girls Talk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree red is full of vigor. Nice necklace! I love white too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely necklace :) your cousin is very artistic

    online journal
    my soltero baby

    do you have an ONLINE STORE? list it for FREE, site launching this september
    current raves

    ReplyDelete
  7. red on black? it ROCKS!!! db:)
    followed u po, pls do follow back, salamat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang ganda nito. at times that red was combined to black it became a stunning accessories. Ang galing ng cousin mo, I guess she's a born fashionista..

    Happy GT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice ganda simple but elegant...;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one dear--so chic!Your work of making jewelries.Want to order some of your work someday.

    thanks for dropping by^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. ang ganda and it doesn't look cheap. akala ko nga made from corales yung pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so creative! what can i say? i am drooling here. hee hee.

    completely agree. a splash of red makes any outfit pop :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.