Thursday, November 25, 2010

girls talk: apparel and accessories shopping

This week on Girls Talk: What I often look for in the apparel and accessories section.

Apparel. Right now I've got a thing for leggings. I'm so glad they made a comeback.

Leggings are like that perfect pair of jeans, but lightweight, more comfortable and much softer. They can go for different degrees of casual - from overly rugged to smart-casual. They can also make your legs look skinnier.

What I look for to go with leggings: A long-ish tunic or babydoll top.

I don't think too-short dresses or skirts are appropriate for someone my age (and size, haha). Since I'm now over 30, I don't want to dress like a teenager. Throwing on a pair of leggings under a short skirt / dress achieves the right look.

Accessories. I don't normally buy accessories, since I can make my own (A good rule to go by: "Don't buy anything you can make"). If I find a piece I like, I'd take a good look at it, and then make my own version at home. It saves me money and provides an outlet for creativity.

These days I go for chunky necklaces, statement necklaces and / or large dangling earrings (NOT to be worn at the same time of course).

So this is this month's last installment of Girls Talk. Check out other ladies' shopaholism at Beauty Queen Gene.

Looking forward to our December topics. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. In na uli ang leggings ngayon and I love it under short skirts,too.You are blessed with talents, I love your creations^_^

    Girl's Talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baliktad tayo, feeling ko naman super taba ko pag nag leggins ako. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! making your own accessories is really COOL! i wish i could learn to do it someday, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here sis, I make my own accessories too. If I find sales of them, I buy them but salvage the parts into new one. Sorry po sa late visit ko ha. Na-busy lang po talga.

    My Girls talk post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wee, i forgot to include leggings on my list, haha, anyway your post reminds me to review my shopping list this holiday season and include leggings.


    Btw, thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh. me loves leggings too! and yes, tunic tops are perfect for those! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.