Thursday, November 11, 2010

girls talk: health and beauty section

This week on Girls Talk: What do you usually grab from the health and beauty section?

Ever since I was a kid, I've associated Nivea with good-quality skin-care.
I'm a sucker for Nivea. Whenever an advertisement comes out about a new product, I'd get instantly intrigued and make a mental note to check a sample the next time I stop at Watson's.

Nivea's line is complete - they've got facial wash, various lotions and creams, deodorants, shower gel and everything. My favorite thing though is the lip balm / gloss, a.k.a. caregloss. I loove it; I make sure to always carry one in my purse.

While I'm loyal to Nivea, I feel the need to switch brands every few months when my skin starts to get dull. My other brand of choice would be Pond's.

Pond's items are also effective, and very affordable. The brand's range of products are not as extensive as Nivea's, but they've got pretty good facial care stuff. I like how they come in small sizes that are easy to tote around.

So that's what's in my shopping basket. Shimmy over to Beauty Queen Gene to see what's in other girls' carts.

11 comments:

  1. I remember my mom with NIVEA products! she uses NIVEA lotion until now. Ponds is effective most especially if I have pimples! (proven and tested, hihi)

    Thanks for visiting and for the comment in my entry!

    Happy GT day! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, collection... love nivea products too... not so much with ponds .. although I use their facial wash sometimes..
    My GT here

    ReplyDelete
  3. nivea was the brand we were using when my father was still in saudi. he used to send us nivea lotions, creams and moisturizers. it's a good brand too.

    http://momsupsndowns.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-love-health-and-beauty-section.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think that we should usu another different brand when our skin starts to get dull :)

    Hop here from GT and follow you
    Happy Thursday
    Risma
    http://www.femalestuffs.com/2010/11/my-health-and-beauty-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. gone are the days when i'd cart a tonful of these items....stopping by from GT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved nivea too, esp the lotion and the nivea cream in blue, i always asks for that when somebody fr abroad will come for a vacation. they're classic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the nivea lip balm:)

    droppin' for GT

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've heard a lot of good things about Nivea since I was a kid, it smells nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, brand name lover.. I don't use any of your brand, though I prefer some brand names, I am more on generic. I have to watch my budget kasi.

    http://www.wrozlie.com/2010/11/gt-health-and-beauty-section.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a fan of the nivea brand too, although not so much of the pond's because i haven't found a product of theirs that worked for me as advertised. hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.