Tuesday, April 5, 2011

another answered prayer

The Hubby and I hung out with a few of our younger friends after church service last Sunday. We chatted and did some catching up in a resto with J, B and K.

K had just graduated from University and told us how he had already begun to apply for his dream job. This was a field he had always wanted to be in, and we've been praying about it since he was in high school; the Hubby and I had supported him and trusted with him that it's his destiny. It's something that we believe God placed strongly in his heart, and we can envision how the Lord can really bless him and use him to bless others in that area.

It was like watching the rising action part of a movie - it was already becoming a reality for him, that kid we invested our lives in (who is now no longer a kid, by the way). It truly was exciting, and we hoped for the best with K while he waited for a callback. The only problem K perceived was that there was one other more qualified applicant for the particular position he was aiming for. K still felt confident about it though, somehow knowing this job is really for him.

We paused to pray right then and there for K. It wasn't a begging, pleading "whatever happens happens" kind of prayer, but a positive and faith-filled one, phrased as if K was already sure to land the job. We all just sort of knew; after all, God had already made it known somehow years before.

Just as we finished, another friend of ours came into the resto. Our older friend L. The Hubby came over to him to greet him, and led him to our table to introduce him to our younger friends. As I introduced them, I felt the urge to include brief, interesting details about each person (a useful tip I picked up from Bridget Jones' Diary a couple years back, haha). As it came to K's turn, I mentioned he had recently graduated from university and applied for this particular position in this particular organization. Who does that, right?

Without pausing, L asks K to write his name and the position he was applying for on a piece of paper. It turns out L personally knew the head of that conversation. No promises of course, but he did put a word in for K.

Earlier this evening K gave me a call, announcing that he got that job. Wheee! Though we already believed he was getting it, it still felt great to hear that he actually nabbed it. Even if it wasn't my personal success, I celebrate with him. It somehow feels like my accomplishment by extension, because he's a person that I love.

I stopped by his Facebook wall to leave him a note. "I believe in you," I said, "this is the start of something big".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.