Thursday, August 4, 2011

girls talk: favorite word

Glad to be back at Girls Talk after a long absence from the blogosphere!


Today is all about our favorite words. I had a bit of difficulty choosing because I have quite a few. Still I think today's topic is such a pleasant coincidence, because I recently met a word that quickly became my new favorite:

frisson
a brief moment of emotional excitement; shudder, thrill
Definition from Merriam-Webster.com

Ain't it cute? ^_^ I mean it sounds cute out loud, and it means something cute. I stumbled upon it while making my own crossword puzzle; I needed something that had an R, an I and double S, I asked Google and it gave me this. I fell in love with it and decided it will feature in my next poem.

I can't end this entry without mentioning my all-time favorite word: butterscotch! =D

It's one of those words that are delicious to pronounce. And it means a yummy thing too! Check out my easy butterscotch syrup recipe here.


Like words? Read about the other Girls' Talkers choices at Beauty Queen Gene. Thursdays in the month of August are reserved for discussing words, words words! ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Butterscotch is truly a yummy word! Frisson is new to me ahaha, I haven't done checking random words like I used to when I was in highschool -- you know, write them on an index card and check the meaning :D There's google for that now...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!! "FRISSON" noted yan Sis!!!

    >> and not to mention the butterscotch.. yummy naman talaga yan eh (hihi)

    >> padalaw from GT:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, frisson is cute. Pwedeng name ng tao :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BUTTERSCOTCH!!!! thanks for the word info about frisson, just hear about it now:D ehehe

    mine is up here : http://stylishvoyager.com/2011/08/04/gt-favorite-word/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting hungry just saying the word Butterscotch.

    Frisson is a new word for me but I'm noting it down since. Sounds like something I could be having when I have some butterscotch, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. butterscotch! i love saying that over and over. like beetlejuice. LOL. i haven't used frisson in any of my blogs, i'm pretty sure. but i often encounter the word when i'm reading romance novels :D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.