Thursday, August 11, 2011

girls talk: latest word learned


This warm-weathered week, we Girls Talk about a word we recently learned. I agree with Ms. Kaye's former professor's advice - it's good to learn at least one word a day. Although I must admit, my memory is no longer as sharp as it was when I was a student. :p

Here is my new word:

macarism (n.)
taking pleasure or praising another's joy;
a beatitude or blessing;
the act of making another happy

Ain't it a lovely word with an unselfish meaning?

Its verb form is macarize which means to congratulate; to declare as happy or blessed.

As we go through Girls Talk, let's macarize one another for stretching our noodles a bit to learn new words. ;p

5 comments:

  1. "I macarize you for a new word learned and shared." :D
    Übung macht den Meister! so go ahead, drop me a message pag need mo ng ka-exchange ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a nice word. Very selfless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice word to learn! I think its good meaning will make me remember that word easily! :) Thanks for sharing!

    As for me, I learned the word "ICHI" this week, thanks to my teaching daughter! Lol. Hope to see you at my entry if you got a chance! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this word very much! When I try it on my lips, it leaves me with a very good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. niiice. although it reminds me of another word with a not-so-good meaning: macabre. but it also reminds me of macaroons (my favorite childhood treat) well, i'll definitely remember that word now :D

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.