Thursday, July 8, 2010

girls talk: i love me money-wise (i love the financial side of me)

This week on Girls Talk we're sharing about how we love the money side of or lives.

I never thought I'd ever say that I love the financial side of me. I'm not earning as much as want to, but I'm keeping things positive and finding the silver linings. ^_^

For one, at least the Hubby has a good job. We're not deep in debt, not starving, and we are still able to buy our needs and some wants. We can sometimes afford to share with others.

I've been working from home for some time now, but there's a bit of an ouch there because the online job ended just yesterday (It's a long story I'd rather not go into, because I'd rather keep this blog positive, hee hee).

Still, things are good because I have a little hobby-turned business of sorts. For those who haven't read yet, I make unique fashion accessories and sell them online. I right now have a "shop" on Multiply. I have another one on Artfire that I hope will attract buyers from other countries, but I still have to study shipping rates and stuff. I've also made an account on Etsy but I haven't posted anything yet.

So far so good. ^_^ I make the most sales are around Christmas and Mother's Day.

Recently I looked into earning through placing ads on my blogs. I've been checking out a couple of advertisers and taking my time to read the Terms and Conditions / Agreements, and I want to thoroughly think things over before clicking on "I Agree". I still haven't agreed to some because I want to make sure there isn't any catch. Still feeling things out. I have no problems so far, but I haven't made anything yet either, haha :p . I know there's supposed to be a strategy to that, but I haven't been doing it long enough to give it much thought, so I guess I'll learn as a go along.


13 comments:

  1. sis good to know you have shop online, but me also got but not much business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your business! May it thrive more and more....

    I think there is nothing more sexier than a woman financially independent. inggit ako sayo, Mommy!

    happy Thursday!

    My GT entry is here sweet life you got and you well deserve it for working hard!

    my GT entry is here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/2010/07/money-money-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's great to know... pa-giveaway ka naman hahah.. jowk! I'll head on to your store... thanks for dropping by Woman’s elan vital

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great perspective (I'll learn as a go along). And it's such a blessing that you're able to start a business online. The internet is one of the biggest market listed today. Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi sis. have you considered posting your crafts on facebook? most of the online sellers are doing that. facebook is a big network and a good market. goodluck on your business!

    happy GT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dedication to your hobby turned work--while you're enjoying making out of something,kumikita ka pa!^_^
    Keep it up dear!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your well-wishes! Greatly appreciated! :D

    It's really nice to join GT; I learn a lot and receive encouragement just from reading other ladies' posts and comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i guess with everything in life, we all learn as we go along ;)

    good luck on your online selling! try etsy. there are a lot of foreigners who use that platform for selling their wares online :)

    see ya next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's good. I'll browse around your shop sometime.. baka may magustuhan ako...

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for dropping by, hope your business blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to have a talent in making sellable fashion accessories and a responsible hubby! Re: paid blogging, you can always ask us... most of these girls are racking up big bucks from it! LOL! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Mar, I am so glad that you guys are okay financially.. :) God is good, noh? as in. He never fails to surprise us and provide for our needs talaga.

    By the way, I haven't ordered anything yet but when I get enough money, hopefully before Christmas, I would be ordering soon. I hope I get a discount when I buy bulk? :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Learning is a process that will never stop, no matter how old we are, and it's a good thing that you are opened to that and are not afraid to learn new things. Good luck on your online shop as well as everything else sweety <3

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.