Thursday, January 20, 2011

girls talk: work-related plans and love-related ones

I'm doing two entries in one today since I missed last week's girls talk.

work

It's been nearly four years since my last day of working in an office setting. Between that time and now, I have cheerfully concluded that I am not the kind of person who would flourish in rigid office-type job and I should not work at an office again, hahaha.

I've been working odd online tasks, but I've been thinking about really working again this year. I definitely would like to have a more stable income. Though I can boast that I can successfully manage my time, I'm not very good at managing stress, so I want a kind of job I can enjoy, preferably a part-time one.

I am glad that these days, due to the boom of jobs online, I have the options to work from home. Just this week I submitted an application for a part-time English tutor. It looks fun and practical enough. The pay isn't that big but it's at least bigger than what I make now, and more importantly it's regular income. I'm hoping and praying I get accepted (hey, maybe you can pray with me too ^_^ ). If I don't get accepted, I intend to look for something similar.


love life

The Hubby and I will be celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary in June (I think we're old now, but I don't feel we're old, so I guess that's okay). We haven't really planned anything for the anniversary date itself , but we've been scheduling some trips this year.

Love isn't just in the big celebrations; it's also in the little day-to-day things. I therefore intend to do small, simple but deliberate gestures of showing my affection and appreciation for the Hubby every day. It's as easy as writing a random but purposeful note, or cooking some fruits into his oatmeal to make it special. I got this idea from Diana Hagee's book, The King's Daughter (a good read for every Christian lady); she calls it "one way every day". The point is just to intentionally show love in at least one way, every single day.

8 comments:

  1. wow naman!! two entries in one post!! hihi
    gusto ko din sana maging online teacher..kaso tsaka ko na gagawin yun pag na nganak na ako at nag resign na!!!

    about your love life, I guess importante talagang ang simpleng salitang I APPRECIATE YOU!!! it really works.. ang sarap sa pakiramdam

    Happy GT ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. share naman sis where to apply for that english tutor job =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pray that u be accepted, i admire how u write, luna, there can never be reason for ur non-acceptance. and if ever u do get the job, and be stressed on counting ur "earnings", count me in, i'll absorb all the "stress", nyahaha.

    my own "stress" is my computer "ungeekyness". iill follow u thru FB.

    lotsa tnx. (IMRIZ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how simple and positive your posts are. It really goes to show that you are a very contented person. Good luck in your undertakings for the year (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI mira..wow! Have benn to ur other blogs... super unique and nice... followed your swatches also..

    Praying you will be accepted with the jon. God bless sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh... i really wish i could work at home the way you do. that way, i wouldn't need to be stuck in the traffic jam and other hassles of regular job, lol! good luck on your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's really nice, the thought that you will celebrate your love for your hubby everyday and not just on special occasions ;)

    good luck on your application! we all need stable income sources and i hope you get yours really soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.