Monday, June 7, 2010

i am his north star ^_^

Time-lapse photo of the North Star, nicked from ScienceBlogs.


The Hubby told me that I am his North Star. ^_^ And that is definitely a happy thought.

The North Star for centuries now has been Polaris in the constellation Ursa Minor. It's the one at the tip of the handle of the Little Dipper. It is the only star in the sky that stays in a (relative) constant position since it is fixed directly on top of the Earth's North Pole (there is a South Star too, but it is too faint so it is hardly considered). The North Star since time immemorial has been used by mariners and explorers as a reference point to aid them in their journeys.

To be told by the Hubby that i am his North Star - particularly after a trying time, and especially from a guy who isn't very poetic - is not just a sweet thing; it's an honor to know that in his life, I am his constant, his reference point. And of course, it tickles me extra because I'm a geek over stars and deep space objects. ^_^


1 comment:

  1. so sweet naman!:)

    anyway, i appreciate your comment on my homeschooling journey :) really, i do. its so hard to find people who are sincere in cheering me on this journey..

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.