Tuesday, June 22, 2010

last weekend's project: gray-tone statement necklace

I'm quite pleased with this necklace I made. It's a statement necklace requested by one of my regular buyers. ^_^


Chunky jewelry, bib necklaces and statement pieces seem to be the in thing for accessories these days. I personally prefer not to wear HUGE celebrity-style statement pieces, but I enjoy creating them.

Making fashion accessories is a hobby of mine. When friends started admiring stuff I put together, I decided to make a bit of money out of it.

I like using stone beads, various natural and man-made crystals, and freshwater pearls. I prefer organic-looking designs over geometric lines, subdued hues over brights.

This particular necklace is a one-of-a-kind design based on an existing piece I made, but especially modified and bulked-up as requested by the buyer. In it are various beads such as gray agate, moss agate, snowflake agate, milky quartz, smoky quartz, Murano foil blown crystals, freshwater pearls, hammer shell, moonstone, metal beads and glass seed beads. I love how it turned out and was tempted to just keep it for myself (hee hee hee - I happen to like the color silver, and freshwater pearls are my favorite kind of beads).

A necklace like this would sell for something like P1,000 to 2,500 at the malls, or P800 to 1,000 at those Muslim ladies' jewelry stalls. But I sell pieces like this for P350 to 550 (depending on the materials used) - and yes, I still manage to make money out of that.

Besides, it's not really about making money for me, but about having fun making pretty things.


Visit my Multiply site:

4 comments:

  1. wow sis this is absolutely pretty. Kahanga-hanga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like it too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear!I love your works!Impressive!Do you make simple anklet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Clarissa: Yup! I make bracelets and anklets too.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it nice. :) Thanks.